View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #17
Registered Users
Re: Off to a good start.

Hooray! I found my place!

I'm a single mom to two girls ages 5.5 and 2.5. I've been seperated, and then divorced from their dad since before I knew I was pregnant with my youngest. There have been a few times that we have tried to do the traditional family route... but it obviously didn't work out!

My girlies and I live on my parents' property while I am in college full time. Sometimes it reminds me of a compound, We live on about 3 acres of property in our own house, and my brother and his family have a house, and my parents have the "big" house all on the same property.

Ok- here's some personal info on us. My girlies Dad is in the Marines, so he doesnt see them very often. He was here in June, and then 8 months before that. So I'm all on my own. While he does help with $, he has literally never had them by himself for more than 2 hours... or overnight for that matter.

So it's just us. Other than the occasional pity party and exhaustion, I'm ok with that. I really don't know if at this point I would be willing to let someone else help with my children. Its hard for me to admit, but I think I have a control issue with that. Mama knows best darnit.

I currently have 3 years left of school, and if I am not in a serious relationship by the time I graduate, I have decided to add to our family on my own. I have been aching for a baby, our family just doesn't feel complete yet, and I'm not about to wait around for a husband. My family thinks that I am joking when I say anything about having a baby through a sperm donor, they are all pretty conservative. I guess they'll just have to be surprised.

Sorry for the long post! I'm so excited!
Mama of two girls and one surprise on the way!
NicoleT is offline   Reply With Quote