View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #19
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Off to a good start.

Yay for a Poly mama! I'm not one myself (I honestly know I could never do it), but I'm totally supportive of those that do/can. I loved watching the Sister Wives show on TLC. I had never really known much about polygamy before then. It really opened my eyes. I hate when people assume how "that world" does stuff. My Mom brings up the old ways (you can't leave a poly family, they are strict, women are slaves.. blah blah.. I swear she gets this stuff from weird's!!). I really liked the show.

I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years. We have a 3 year old and are pregnant with #2. He doesn't seem to be in any hurry or have any interest in getting married. Although I for sure want to, I feel it's kind of a 'non-traditional' relationship. I don't think I could ever be a long-term partner person.. I definitely want to get married. But it makes me sad to be frowned upon because we are 'different', and not following custom.

I'm all for a non-judgemental place to chat.
TTC Baby #5! Hoping for Pink.

Loving All Things: Homesteading, Dave Ramsey, Minimalist, Simple Life, Attach Parenting, Big Family, Gentle Parenting, Outdoor Playing, Media Reducing. Check out 'Big Family Management' for all things amazing.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote