View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

How to deal with comments about weaning after 1

DD will be 1 in a month :cry5: and I am getting the question "So you're going to wean when she's 1 right?" I am the first one in my family to bf, I have 3 sisters and 6 neices and nephews, 3 boys of my own, and dd was the first one I bf'd. When people ask how long I tell them we'll stop when she's ready to stop, but I'm getting tired of the looks of shock and slight disgust. I've been dealing with my mom who has been on a rant about me needing to get her to take a bottle, but I think she's realized it isn't happening (dd won't allow it ). DD has had weight issues because of medical reasons (main reason why my mom pushed bottles), but is eating solids now and gaining weight very quickly, and the ?s are coming more frequently about stopping at 1. My goal when I started was to get to 3 months, then 6, and now it's whenever she wants to stop. She still nurses every 2-3 hours, about 3 hours even when she eats solids 2x a day. I don't see an end in sight and don't really care, but the comments are starting to drive me crazy. DH was thinking I should stop at 1 (when she was little) but is fine with going on until maybe 18 months or so, I don't think he's going to be a problem at all. Sorry, this is pretty much a rant but I really want to know how others deal with the comment about needing to wean at 1 and how you handled it. Thanks to everyone who has read this far!
ETA: I am the only one who cd's and I'm the only one who used a carrier (moby, and ordering an O&A this week!!) so my family already thinks I've lost it since I had dd last year.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm

Last edited by myclanof6; 09-13-2011 at 10:29 PM.
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote