Old 09-14-2011, 05:44 AM   #22
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: 9-13-11 chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggymiamore View Post
I know you guys don't mean anything by it at all but I did want to let you know that to real widows, all those cute terms like football widow and such, hurt, a lot. Because as much as we know it must suck to not have your DH there, he's still living and breathing and will be coming back to you. Unlike real widows where we have to parent alone 24/7. I was a widow before I remarried. I had two very small kids, and I can promise you, it sucks, and hearing those cute terms is like a knife in the gut to us.

On a happier note, went out and did grocery shopping at two store and only threw up once in each one! I was pretty proud myself! NMT that's the most I've moved in a while, so my stomach was probably pretty unhappy!
I'm currently counting down the weeks until I hit 18 weeks since that is when I started to feel better with my last pregnancy. Going to be a LONG 11 weeks...
Trust me, I won't use that term and I don't think it's cute. That was my first thought because it's not uncommon for someone to become a widow in the military. I had to take a deep breath and walk away before I asked about the term.