View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
eileenchew
Registered Users
seller

Is he ready or should I wait? WWYD?

My son is 9.5 months old. We introduced solids when he was about 5 months old and besides being a super picky eater, he seems to enjoy purees. We started to introduce stage 3 foods because we wanted to addsome meats into his diet, but some of the stage 3 foods are just too chunky for him. He has a super strong gag reflex, so I usually end up blending it a bit more so it is less chunky, no big deal. We've also tried to introduce snack items, like mum mums or gerber puff, but he gags on those too and makes himself throw up. I think because it gets kinda sticky and gets stuck on his tongue and he doesn't know what to do! So we stopped that and waited maybe a month and a half and then recently re-introduced mum mums again. Same problem, but a def improvement with more chewing, but he will still gag when the mum mums get small. I am inclined to wait till he gets older to try again, but his ped said to give him more practice with finger foods so he learns how to not gag on them, though she also did say that it was a developmental thing that will get better as he gets older, but he'd get there faster if he practices... WWYD? Wait? Or practice? I don't know if it is worth it if he keeps gagging and throwing up...esp if it is developmental and would get better when he gets older..

Sorry for the long post!
eileenchew is offline   Reply With Quote