Thread: Donor mommies?
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 06:58 AM   #8
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

Re: Donor mommies?

We went with an anonymous donor for both...when we wanted to try for this one, we had used all of our vials from donor 1 and he had been retired from the program. It was a bummer but in reality we realized it doesn't really matter. DNA is not what makes a family. Has anyone thought about how and when to discuss the donor with your child/children? I guess with two mommies it might be a little easier because well most times the dad is not a visible part of their lives. With ours though they have a dad, but they have a donor also. And while I'm greatful to the donors for their gifts, I'm greatful at the level I was when I was in the hospital and needed 4 units of blood. It was more a "wow" these people made it possible for me to be alive another day....the donors made it possible for us to be parents. I really don't feel that there is any other connection there and since the donors were completely anonymous (we have basic info) I feel that that is the way they wanted it also.
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote