View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 12:46 PM   #1
arhodes728
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Reestablishing a supply. Need advice!

Mommas,

I need some advice. My DD is 5 months now. She was EBF for 3 months and we ended up switching to formula (please, no judgment) because she was miserable - really low weight gain, wouldn't nap, really poor nurser. My supply didn't seem to be the problem, she wasn't taking enough in each feeding (and i was feeding her on demand) which ended up making my supply lower than what she needed based on what she was taking. Long story short, I had PPD, she had colic and was nursing poorly and gaining weight poorly and all of these things were revolving around nursing for us at that point in time. I started supplementing but she loved the bottle and did so much better with it so we just made the switch. It has solved those problems and I'm so thankful for that, but now that she's happy and more interactive, I really wish I could still nurse her.

It's been about 1 1/2 months since I stopped pumping but I still get a tiny drop if I squeeze so I was wondering if there is anyway with herbs, lactation cookies and pumping if I could possibly get reestablish a milk supply. Even just to pump and supplement would be better than none at all.

Has anyone had success with this or know someone who did? Any advice is appreciated.

Please understand that I stand by my decision to switch her to formula when I did. It was the best decision with the information I had, the circumstances of our family at the time, my emotional state and her weight gain. I believe breast is truly best and I am pro-breastfeeding and never expected to have any of those things happen that led me to formula. I'm not here to hear about the evils of formula. I just really want some advice on how to possibly start breastfeeding again. Thanks mommas