View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 01:29 PM   #5
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tell me about charting to avoid

If you avoid sex (or use a condom) between days 8 and 21, you will more than likely avoid a prgenancy. This is effective for woman who regularly have a cycle of 22-32 days.

So that's where we are starting. On top of that, I have started taking my temperature every morning and have started keeping an eye for CM and then using an OPK. I figure between the cm, the opk, and the temperature, I should be able to see a nice pattern after about 3 months to get an idea of where in my cycle I ovulate. Until that happens, we'll continue to use a condom between days 8 and 23 (my cycles have been a bit longer, so taking the extra few days just to be "safe"). Some people use cycle beads as a visual reminder of when to be "careful." I just use www.mymonthlycycles.com to keep track of which days I am on and to record my temperatures, periods, cm, etc.. on.

The book "Taking charge of your fertility" was recommended to me, but I haven't picked it up yet.

We are TTA right now, but I hope to convince my DH of another pregnancy early next year, so in addition to helping us avoid right now, it'll be nice to have a pattern from several cyclese for when we are actually ready to TTC.

Good luck.
God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote