View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #1
LittleTadpoleDesigns
Registered Users
Formerly: littlest_one
seller

My Mood:
PLEASE help... getting so angry!

I need some help getting some perspective here... I'm finding myself getting SO angry with my son's lack of progress and I know that's not fair but I can't seem to help it!

He's 29 months and we just did an entire summer of being naked-bum and using the potty quite well 90% of the time and now that it is cold and he needs to wear clothes to keep from getting sick... he WON'T go to the potty on his own, he WON'T tell us if he has to go, and he WON'T tell us when he has already gone.

I know getting mad at him is the last thing we should be doing but how do you control your emotions when faced with yet another dirty diaper, or pants, or underwear, or trainer, or puddle???? I KNOW it's probably all my fault for not being more helpful to him and I am trying to work on that... but it's the frustration that I really need help dealing with because I really just want to flip out every time I smell pee or poop.

I don't want to say we've tried everything because obviously we haven't... but he seems "ready" except for the fact that he doesn't care if he is dirty. He can "hold it" for several hours, and he knows what to do to bear down and to release urine and will do it before baths on command and to "stall" going to bed. We have tried (obviously) being naked for a couple months. We've tried food/treat motivation which only works some of the time. We've tried blowing out a candle as a reward (he loves candles) but it's just not enough motivation for him. We've tried stickers to no avail. We've tried leaving him dirty for a while and he doesn't care. We've tried just pants no undies and while he doesn't like wet socks very much, it doesn't stop him from peeing and if he is playing hard he still won't be bothered by wet legs (and I get pee footprints all over the place).

He will ask for a diaper specifically because he wants to wet\mess in it.
It just makes ME not want to try anymore either. I can't decide half the time if I want to scream or cry.

Arrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggg!!!

My Etsy Shop ~ Get 5% off with "DSFIVE"
Snap Belts for Preschoolers ~ Crocheted Toys ~ Custom Soother & Mitten Clips ~ Nursing Necklaces Facebook
LittleTadpoleDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote