View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 09:18 PM   #2
Stefibeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone here temp and chart to avoid?

I would get a BBT. They're inexpensive and with this I think I'd rather be safe than sorry!

I'm guessing the temperature shift experienced probably varies from woman to woman, typically I hang out in the low 97s to very high 96 and when I O I'm up in the high 97s to very low 98s. So my thermal shift is quite obvious. The FAM "rule" is that your temp must stay up for at least 3 days for it to be considered an ovulation shift I think it's at least 0.4 of a degree, right? I can't remember 100% because like I said mine is always really obvious and I've been charting to avoid for nearly a year now My temp usually stays up until maybe 48 hours before AF arrives then it drops and usually the day before it'll take a real dive and actually drop below my coverline. That's one of the ways I know AF is on her way!

I've only used OPKs for 1-2 cycles and that was about 2.5 years ago when I first started using FAM! I think if I were you I'd probably go with starting on day 16 since that's based on the shortest cycle you've had, but just to be safe maybe go with day 12. Obviously I'm no help here!

Last edited by Stefibeth; 10-09-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Stefibeth is offline   Reply With Quote