Old 10-10-2011, 08:29 PM   #8
cacasey1981
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: PLEASE help... getting so angry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweedledum View Post
I guess I'm going to be the voice of dissent here. There is actually medical research that shows it can be bad for urinary tract and bowel health to potty train late. It sounds like your child needs to be reminded to use the potty. Take him to the potty during times when adults logically go to the bathroom: upon waking up, after meals, before bath and bed, before getting in the car, after arriving home. As parents, it's our responsibility to teach our children good health and hygiene habits. It should be pretty obvious that going around with our urine and feces wrapped around our bodies when we can help it is not a good habit to have. It's not unreasonable to remind your child he needs to eat or that bedtime is approaching. In the same manner, it's not unreasonable to remind a two or three year old that he needs to empty his bladder and bowels rather than crapping and peeing himself.
Geez - thanks for those awesome tips - obviously no one here has ever thought of prompting their child. We've just been sitting around waiting for them to say "I feel the need to deficate into the toilet"

The potty learning time is when a child is most likely to be abused - when a parent says that she needs help and is getting nowhere the last thing that they need is someone to tell themis that they aren't living up to their responsibilities.
Wife to Brandon - my high school sweetheart (Oct 00), delaying vaccs as best we can and WOH parents to Trent (Nov 08) our intact, formerly ERF, slightly son and Lilly (May 12) our , maybe one day , and (for now) daughter (my hypnobaby).
cacasey1981 is offline   Reply With Quote