View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 02:38 PM   #750
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: August 2009 Two Year Olds!

Hi everyone. Just jumping on real quick. Life has still been super crazy over here. We had to take AIden in to the doctor's yesterday because he has had a cough for over 2 weeks that just started to get worse and he spiked a fever. When he got up from his nap right before we were getting in the car, I took his temp and it was 104.5! Poor kid! His oxygen levels were low, and they said if they were just a little bit lower he would have to be in the hospital. The doctor then listened to his lungs and said she heard stuff in there so we could either get his chest x-rayed or just start antibiotics. We went with the x-ray, and it ends up that he didn't have pneumonia like they thought, so no need for antibiotics. That was a super expensive trip to the doctor's. And all we got told was just go home and wait and see how it goes!

He sounded awful last night and spiked a fever again. DH thought he threw up in the middle of the night (Aiden just started screaming). I don't think he threw up as it was just a wet spot(maybe drool?). Not sure what scared him, but he didn't want to go back to his bed and just wanted to sleep on the bathroom floor. So we let him. His cough sounds better today - productive, not scary sounding and his fever is much lower. I just pray that once he is over this we can get a break from sickness in this house! I still feel so sick all the time that it is really hard to deal with.