View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 06:46 AM   #4
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you feed your 11-12 month old?

for the most part he eats whatever we're eating. Canned fruit in juice (not syrup). Pears/peaches canned are both very soft- you don't have to cut them up just give the slices. DS loves canned pears, he prefers fresh peaches. Shredded cheese, ravioli- we do with sauce. Pasta with and without sauce.This may sound weird but canned, diced tomatoes or stewed diced tomatoes- he loves them. Yogurt, frozen yogurt melts, applesauce, steamed broccoli (I cut florets in half, but not in tiny pieces and I cut the stem off- only because he will shove a floret the size of his fist in his mouth- its funny but then he has to spit it out in order to eat it) and green beans. Roasted carrots- the only way he likes them, roasted potatoes. Home made sweet potato fries (baked). Meatless homemade pizza- he really likes, we put spinach on it. He loves chicken and fish, but that is all the meat he'll eat. He is offered whatever meat we are eating he just doesn't eat it. Rice- he loves any flavor rice.

We have family history of food allergies so we have not given him any eggs, things with nuts or strawberries. We just introduced fish at one. We will introduce eggs in baked goods/pancakes first then try scrambled. Next strawberries. And we will not introduce anything nut based until after he is tested. DD has a severe peanut allergy that was found through testing not exposure.