View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #21
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: If you had a homebirth, with older siblings around.

My 3rd was born in the hospital, but my older son was just like your daughter. He was firm about wanting to see the baby come out. Actually, we hadn't even had a chance to consider it b/c his response to being told I was preg was "I go to hospital and watch the baby come out, Mama." He was certain he'd be there. It was so cute. He was 4. We left for the hospital at 11:30 pm and I'd gone into labor around 9pm, after Logan was asleep. So we did wake him. He would have been crushed if he'd missed it. And we were all excited for him to be there. I would have never denied him that experience just so he could get sleep. Its just one night. Baby Kian was born at 1am and Logan did great through it all. He left about an hour after delivery, with his Grammy and crashed in the car on the way home and slept in late that morning. It was amazing to have him at the birth. Words could not express it. If we are blessed with another, we'd like to PAY for the birth center experience just so all the kids could be there. The hospital is free for us but 3 kids in the hospital doesn't sound as smooth to me. I'd love a homebirth, and have longed for one, but some complications have made us realize that if we ever have another, we'd better not stay home, especially since we live 50 min away from the hospital.
zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote