View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 10:06 AM   #22
Pikemommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Doc did a poor 20wks Scan--Need Thoughts/Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellasundies View Post
I had my 20 week scan two weeks ago. I'm measuring pretty small and had the same problem. The tech spent 10-MAYBE 15 min's with me and didn't check at least some of the things I'm worried about. Mine was done by a tech at an US place not in the doc's office. We went in and she said, "let me just get some measurements and then we'll go over everything at the end. " She then flew through her measurements and at the end said, "okay now I'll show you the stuff your interested in." She then proceeded to give me a junky view of babies face (really the top of babies head) and then "here is babies foot". That was it. As if those were the only things we were interested in looking at. We were the last appt. of the day and we think that is why everything was done so shoddy and rushed.

We were rushed through the door so fast DH and I didn't realize we should have complained then and there. I have my MW appt. next week. While there I'm going to ask her if everything was up to par with the scan. I guess I'll go from there.
I hate to admit this, but that's how a lot of ultrasounds are. As a mom you want to sit and enjoy watching your sweet little baby and be reassured that everything is healthy.... At a diagnostic ultrasound the point is not to put on a show, it's to see that the baby has all it's parts. I know where I work we can't turn in a test if we haven't gotten everything (or proven that something was missing/wrong) so I would assume asking your MW if it was up to par isn't going to get the response you want, I'm sure diagnostically your tech took all the pictures she was supposed to. What she didn't do was put you at ease and take time with you which is unfortunate but doesn't mean you got a bad test.
Complain to the facility, it sounds like they were understaffed and the tech rushed through the fun stuff and was in a rush to get in there, get the pictures, and get out. A lot of hospitals don't allow techs to talk about the diagnostic portion and only allow them to talk about feet/hands/profile shot/etc.
Also to consider, you can pay to have an entertainment scan...there are places popping up all over that offer this. I think you will get more of what you were hoping for at a place like this.
Expecting a surviving twin March 2015
Pikemommy is offline   Reply With Quote