View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 02:04 AM   #1
weintz8
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Rainbow baby, Sean is here :-)

So... here's the story.

Two years ago we lost our son Adam during delivery due to a cord accident. It was a long road convincing DH we should ever have another baby. Finally he agreed and Sean was conceived.

I thought I would love being pregnant again just as I had the 4 times before but it was very different this time. It was terrifying. The thought that I could go through another whole pregnancy and delivery and not have a baby at the end haunted me through every day of this pregnancy. As we got closer and closer to the due date the panic was overwhelming.

My due date was November 6th and it came and went...

On November 7th I had an appointment with our OB. Now I interviewed 13 OB's looking for one who would let me have a 2nd VBA3C and this is the only one I found who was willing to consider it but one of her requirements was that I could not go past 41 weeks. So it was Monday and she scheduled a c/s for me that Friday. I was devistated. So I had her strip my membranes and then I went home and inserted some EPO and used a product called "start up" with black and blue cohosh to try to get labor going -- and nothing.

Well I was stressed and DH was stressed and somehow we ended up fighting that night over something stupid. We were up till 3am and I started having a few "real" contractions. I say real because all the BH I had previously were not painfull but these shor were! So I was even more upset then because I though there is no way I can handle labor on no sleep and with this kind of emotional baggage. But DH and I calmed down and he rubbed my back and I finally fell asleep.

I woke up on Nov. 8th with contractions about 8 min apart but after an hour they fizzled.

I got up helped the kids get chores done and breakfast. Then I sat down to knit (I was doing a lot of knitting these days!!) Around noon I started having contractions again at about the rate of one a half hour so nothing to get excited about and we had lunch.

After lunch we needed to go vote so DH said he would take the kids on a bike ride so I could get a shower and get ready to go. At around 2 I got out of the shower and was drying off when I realized that was something really gross on the towel - I had lost my mucus plug!!! Yeah!!

We went to vote and were back at 3 and I was having contractions about 8 min apart.

By 4 the contractions were getting stronger and I started timing. 5 minutes apart!! I called my mom and she was about an hour away so we said hurry up and get here. She said she was on her way and DH went up to take a shower. A few minutes later I realized we were down to 2 minutes apart and sent DD running to get DH. He hurried up and got dressed and a neighbor stopped by to check on me. We asked if she was busy and she said no so we were like - were outa here my mom will be here in a little bit to take the kids.

It's about a 30 min drive to the hospital but it was just starting to be rush hour so it took us a little longer. My water broke in the car and I could feel him starting to move down. I'd like to say I handled the contractions with dignity and grace - but it would be a big fat lie. I was screaming like a banshie!!

We got to the hospital and they have me there is a wheel chair at the front desk and are asking me questions like name phone number and I'm like "I HAVE TO PUSH!!!" So all crazyness breaks out and they get me in a room stat!

I'm checked and at 10cm and it sure was time to push. 19 minutes after we got to the hosital Sean Adam Weintz was born :-)

He weighed 7lbs 14ozs and was 20inches long. He had apgar scores of 9 and 9. And he is beautiful and I love him!

I am so happy that I got to have another VBAC!! I feel wonderful, up walking around. We are hoping to leave tomorrow (Nov 9th) I can't get any sleep at the hospital and I am tired.
and Ian (born 6/5/14)
weintz8 is offline   Reply With Quote