View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #13
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Post Re: Circumcision has profoundly affected every member of my family...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriket View Post
ITA. I think when people first find out they are intactivists they are extra gung-ho. And it can be overwhelming. It is a very serious issue to many, but you are totally right, a little compassion and caring can go a long way

I find myself rolling my eyes at the car seat activist crowd for the same reasons It's not that they are wrong, they are just intense!
I am very passionate about carseats as well but I am too much of an introvert to approach strangers. I do however school my family and friends My sister is getting ready to have her first and I have given her the appropriate car seat usage spcheel (is that how you spell it???) I don't know if she will want to extended reaf face or not but I do want to make sure she knows how to properly install the car seat and buckle the baby in safely, the rest is up to her to decide. I also briefly discussed my experience with circumcision with her in case she found out baby was a boy (but it's a girl!) and just told her why I felt the way I did and that it was something she should definitely do some research on. I was pleased to find out she had already done some research!!!
Mom of 3 little munchkins and currently incubating #4
Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers