View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #40
RaZZberry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Circumcision has profoundly affected every member of my family...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonyluna View Post
Honestly, I feel that when people compare female circ with male circ, they lose credibility. They are not the same. We spoke with several doctors about this issue and did a lot of research, so I dislike it when people assume/imply I'm ignorant or uninformed.

I'm not pro-circ, but my son was circ'd. His father is Jewish, and it was important to him. I dont think (at least, I hope) this is true of Diaper Swappers mamas, but a lot of anti-circ groups have roots in anti-semitism.

To the OP, thank you for sharing your story. I can't imagine seeing my DS in pain like that either.
From a purely biological standpoint, the clitoral hood and the foreskin are comprised on the same tissue, nerves, and structure. They are of different size but generate the same sensation and serve a similar purpose. Therefore, many (myself included) feel that male and female circumcision are equivalent.

http://www.facebook.com/INTACTID?ref=ts#!/INTACTID

Last edited by RaZZberry; 11-15-2011 at 05:09 PM.