ajane
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Circ'ing a 4 month old - pros/cons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama.timms View Post
I'm going to talk to DH tonight about waiting until he's older. I know DH wants it done now... he thinks it will hurt worse, the older he gets. But the points made about pain management are great ones!
Yes, they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama.timms View Post
I just wish we had had it done at birth. I wish the hospital hadn't changed their policy, about allowing parents to stay with their babies during the procedure. But wishful thinking is useless in this case, I suppose.
Maybe there is a reason for him not being able to have it done at birth. More time to think about it and determine if you are sure about your decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever View Post
Follow your Mama heart.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever View Post
I understand that he feels very strongly about this issue.

I am not religious personally so I am curious about his convictions.
I read/hear about this often. I understood that in Christianity, Islam, and Judaism man was created by God in his image. I understand that Jewish and Muslim people circ for religious reasons as well. I am truly curious why and where the religious conviction comes from? I would love to understand better.

I understand VERY well what a challenge this can be in a marriage. When we became pregnant w/ DS I was very adament about leaving him intact. It did put a strain on our relationship. Now 8 years later I am very glad that I stood my ground. DH has even come to me and thanked me for pushing the issue.
I am interested in the bolded also. And for the last paragraph, Dh and I didn't agree either. I gathered all the info and he just looked past it. I told him that I would not circ and if he was as adament to circ as I was to not, then he would have to get the info/research and convince me. He couldn't, so little man is intact. He still thinks he should be circ'd, but I will leave that up to DS to decide when he can make the decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janine View Post
We kept DS intact on my insistence and DH was not happy about it, which he would mention periodically after DS was born. I finally called his bluff by calling up some circ doctors locally to enquire about having it done. In my limited experience, it was difficult finding a doctor even willing to do it at my sons age (3 months old at the time). I called several doctors who said 2 months was their cut off. Which was fine with me since I wasn't going to let it happen anyways. But then again circ'ing is very uncommon where I live. So maybe it is different elsewhere.
Same here. He will probably always say something about it.