View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 01:23 PM   #9
kai_e
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/O Thread : Share Positive Circ Stories

I don't mind Leslie's post, other than "for no reason" as it is a bit inflammatory and untrue, given that all circs aren't for no reason but again, this isn't a debate thread.

The OP asked very clearly for what she wanted. So here it is:

My husband, myself, our health care providers and our community came to the decision to circumcise our first son after weighing the risks and benefits against our family histories. He is 3 1/2 and has no ill affects from it.

When I was expecting our second son, we again convened with everyone to see if there were any new developments either in the medical community or within our personal histories or with DS1 that would cause us to change our decision and there were not. We made the same decision with DS2. He is 21 months and has no ill affects from it.

Both circs were done in a hospital, by our pediatrician with my husband in attendance. There are many decisions in our 3 1/2 years of parenting that we have second guessed ourselves for, this was not one them. We were both confident in the literature we read, the medical professionals on our team and in our community that we consulted with who know our personal medical histories that this was the best decision for our sons.

I have never found myself justifying it anywhere, not even here. Someone will most likely come along and take this post as just that very thing, but it isn't. It is just a story shared.

Last edited by kai_e; 11-17-2011 at 01:25 PM.