Old 11-17-2011, 06:22 PM   #31
skolbut
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: natural methods to induce

For both my vbacs I did

-RRL tea
I would boil 3 qts of water and then remove from heat, toss in 4 bags of traditional medicinals pregnancy tea (found at kroger or pretty much any health store) and two bags of RRL tea (found at health store). Let it cool, then put into pitcher, kept in fridge and drank at least 1c/day in 1st tri, 2 in the second, three in the third. More if I was feeling like it.
-EPO starting at 35/36 ish weeks inserted vaginally 2 per night, increasing up to four as I got closer to due date
-Castor Oil
for DS2 I was unable to sleep in early/irregular labor, took a dose at 2am, had the runs maybe once or twice an hour for about three hours, started more regular labor at the three hour mark and he was a textbook vbac born at 7:45 pm.
For DS3 they were wanting to take him by csection if I failed another NST so I tried castor oil around 4am, had maybe one visit to the restroom, woke up at 8am with ctx 3 min apart, he was born at 7:08pm.
I would NOT take CO if I wasn't either in labor or threatened with a possible c if I didn't go into labor -- with no problems I wouldn't take it at all and wait to go into labor naturally bc it comes with some substantial risks. However, my body seems to respond very well to it!
B... newly type II diabetic, wife to B 9/16/05, mama to B 1/23/07 H 9/27/08 (after three years of GI issues FINALLY getting a celiac diagnosis!) and our miracle baby C who joined us 9/6/2011, and is forever greatful to his "milk mamas" who pump for us! We do lots of crunchy things and some soggy things, too.
skolbut is offline   Reply With Quote