Thread: Wedding Dress
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 04:34 PM   #1
hezdwoody
Registered Users

Wedding Dress

Do you keep your wedding dress or have you gotten rid of it? I still have mine and it has been on my list of things to purge. I found a charity to donate it to and went and bought a box to ship it in. For some reason when I packed it in the box I was a lot more sad than I thought I would be.

I've never really felt sentimental about my dress. I picked out a dress I loved and bought it but mom said it was too fancy for my wedding (because I had DD out of wedlock my wedding got played down a lot). I ended up loosing a lot of weight before my wedding and when I went to exchange it for a smaller size they didn't have the dress I loved in my size and I had to pick a different one; while picking out another one my sister started shopping for her dress and I just felt alone on what should have been a special day. The dress was okay but I never really loved it. I don't think its the dress I am going to miss but the fact that I never got a dress that I loved and your wedding day isn't exactly replaceable! Sorry for the pity rant. I am kind of stumped I've been wanting to get rid of it but didn't expect to be this sad about it. So do you still have your dress? If not do you regret getting rid of it?