View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 12:59 PM   #6
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Re: Mamas in Germany, importing baby items and the zoll, help :)

In the end the tax was 46 euro They did not tax shipping nor add any additional customs fees. And the 45 euro was tax free.

Borrowed clothing should not be an issue. I never pay tax on used items. My dad over declares he once put 50 dollars for socks. Yeah I know. I do not try to understand.

But my mom she hits up garage sales and kohls clearence, low balls he used value to like 25 cents per items and values a huge box at 80 bucks or so never taxes.

Only once I was called in to open, I opned it up and used cloth diapers were on top. They sent me home and did not even charge taxes on the other box from my dad I was picking up with new gifts, buhahaha.

Now if only you could have seen the dude face when I tried to explain milk pump one time.

The zoll here are nice. But we are moving and I really hope the new zoll office is not bad.

I also hope my dad learns to start lowballing instead of hig rolling it because with DH in the prebezeit it will be me over and hour on a train trying to carry a baby and box home. Not what I want to do at ALL.