View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 09:23 PM   #19
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: *planned c-section* Help me make my birth plan!

I'm planning a HB but I do have a hospital plan jic of transfer. Here's the info pertaining to c/s. I've been told that it's important to highlight/bold/underline what you find important for when staff get too busy they see the most important parts when scanning it.

I do not agree to student doctors being present during my treatment

If a cesarean section becomes necessary, I would prefer to remain awake with epidural or spinal block anesthesia. Please avoid single layer suturing and have uterus closed in two layers. I would like my partner to stay with me at all times, and would like to breastfeed the baby as soon after birth as possible.

If there are problems after the birth:

If I suffer a severe post-partum hemorrhage, please do not perform a hysterectomy unless it is the only available course of action.

Please do not admit my baby to Special Care simply for observation, but only if there is a specific reason for concern. If my baby is admitted to Special Care, (husbands name) is to be with Baby at all times.

I would like my partner to stay with me at all times, and would like to breastfeed the baby as soon after birth as possible.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote