Thread: DFW mamas
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 09:16 PM   #3953
hullabal98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: DFW mamas

wow. congrats to all expecting!! Michelle, I am not sure where you will find a house for that budget. How big do you need it? Probably at least 3BR right? We rent from a private indiv. and our rent is 1395/mo. At the time we moved in we had 2 large dogs and now only have 1. We have been here 2 1/2 years and he is such a nice landlord. We were scared because we hadn't rented anywhere in over 10 years (had owned) but it has been better than we hoped. Not a fancy house by any means, very plain/ugly and bare bones inside, but in a great school zone and safe community. 4Br, 2Ba. We were looking at 3BR when we moved but about a month or so after getting here, I was pg with dd so probably good we have that extra room. The boys share a room but sleep apart out of necessity. So ds2 sleeps in "grandma's room". You homeschool though, right? So you might be able to find something in an area if schools aren't important to you. We lucked out on this by the grace of God seeing it on a real estate listing with 2 weeks before we were to leave NM. To be completely honest, I really really wish our rent was less. Money is tight, I won't lie. But we looked HARD for about a month or more and couldn't find hardly anything less than this range. DH was already living here and literally looked and drove all over every weekend. However that was peak season at beginning of a summer and being in winter, many landlords may be thrilled to have a property leased. I wish you all the best!!!!