View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 08:59 AM   #1
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
update 11/17- friends DD (5yo) has brain cancer-Heaven has a new angel today

Please continue prayers for this family. The end is near for their daughters suffering, and while we know she will dance with Jesus soon, it doesn't make the heartache any less for those who loved her left here on Earth.

Yesterday her dd had a cold and was off balance...so she took her to the doctors and they sent her for a CT scan immediately. They found a brain tumor and are operating TODAY. I don't' have many other details, as we aren't close friends and it's all very sudden. The child's name is Ava, and she is 4yo.

https://www.facebook.com/hopeforava

Latest update- written by her mother- August

We got Ava's latest MRI results today.

We knew we were going to be told that Ava's lesions on her spine have grown because of her inability to walk. Unfortunately, they have grown and spread. When they were first discovered they ranged from the T2-T8 vertebrae. Now they go from T1-T8 and there is a cluster on her L2 all the way down to her coccyx. These are clustered around a lot of her nerve endings and we think this may be causing some the pain she has been complaining about.

The gliobastoma on her dura has also grown back by about 10-15%. Her brain stem glioma is stable (one piece of very good news).

We have come to a point where we understand that none of this is curable but we said in the beginning that we will fight and we aren't giving up now. Ava will have an aggressive course of radiation to her spine and part of her brain (she has received her lifetime dose to the pons area) along with two different types of chemo. The hope is that it will improve her quality of life and function will return to her legs. There is no guarantee that she will be able to walk again but we are hopeful this will help.

This is very hard for us. Ava is such a beautiful child. She is always laughing and smiling. I hate that her childhood is being taken away. There is no back to school for her. No excitement for the upcoming year filled with after school activities, new friends and learning to be independent. She gets to go back to radiation instead. She has to rely on us for everything. If she wants to go somewhere in the house, someone has to carry her there. We have to take her to the bathroom and even pull her pants up and down. Seeing her go from being so active to not being able to do things on her own is just so sad.

Please pray that radiation and chemo does help her gain function in her legs so she has more time to enjoy being a carefree child.

November 15th, 2015
We are devastated. MRI showed growth in her brain stem, spine and to the top of her head. She doesn't want to eat or drink because it is her body's way of slowly shutting down. We tried to prepare for this but always had hope Ava would defy the odds placed against her. It doesn't look like that is going to happen now. We don't know how much time we have with her before she is called to heaven

November 17th, 2012

Ava has been called to Heaven. Please continue prayers for her family during this tough time. They have a younger child as well, who I'm sure will miss her sister greatly

Last edited by tygr2410; 11-17-2012 at 02:20 PM.
tygr2410 is offline   Reply With Quote