View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 12:09 PM   #5
Rdesonia
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 12" Doll Clothes Pattern?

Remember to make some cute little velcro diapers and a blanket for the baby! I don't have a pattern but a wrap skirt (just a double hemmed long rectangle) with velco are very easy on/easy off for a little one to dress a doll. And a "tube" top to match the skirt... (the top of a sock with a little ribbon or lace on the top hem).
A sleaveless dress is also super easy. Just measure around the doll at it's widest point under the arms all the way around the doll (so if hips are widest then that is what you measure. ) then measure from arm pit to ankle. Cut two peices of elastic the same size as the around measurement. Then double the around measurement and cut a peice of fabric ( so double the dolls width and the height pit to ankle. It's should be a rectangle square shape) Turn & top stich the top. Sew on the elastic along the top edge. (you will waste a little tacking it down on the ends then just stretch it and zig zag (or there are fancy stitches for this too) ... Don't cut the elastic bigger! You need to have the end product with shorter than the exact measurement around so the elastic will hold on the doll. Now measure from arm pit to waist of doll. Sew the elastic in at the waist line(you can Premeasure and draw a chalk line before you sew the first elastic in if it is easier for you). Hold it up to doll... Figure out how big a hem you want. ( small for mid calf or a bigger hem for knee legnth.) Now stitch up the side and you have an easy pull on dress. ( I reccomend a french seam as it will give the doll dress a finished look. Just sew a scant 1/8 seam on the right side. Then turn dress inside out and sew a 1/4 inch seam. ) Now the fun part... decorating it.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote