View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #11
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Big Mama's C-section (support)Stories/Tips for Recovery!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelino View Post
Its harder being overweight with a Csection, because for me...the 20lbs i gained between one and two made a huge difference! i didn't "hang" as much in the tummy with my first, so it got air...dryed nicely and healed rather quickly(2-3 weeks)

The second time around, tummy hung lower(kids were close together...so never lost baby weight) and covered the incision and after lots of trial and error with the midwife, the only thing helping it heal after 7weeks was to put a sposie postpartum pad over the icision, with some tall undies to hold it in place. it kept the area dry and seperated...and healed quicker. it sounds so yuck, but unfortunately, thats what I had to do.

I'll be stalking this, just in case i do end up with another C next summer!
I had the "hang" too. While in the hospital I asked for gauze pads and stuck those in to keep the skin from touching and getting damp. that helped a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingPeaMama View Post
I'm not really fluffy in the tummy area because I had lipo several
Years ago but I got a postpartum support band because I've had several
Abdominal surgeries and I felt like my insides were falling out. You could combine that with the abdominal surgery pad (it's like a period pad but no sticky) to keep things dry and clean Also get up and move. Do not stay in bed. Use pain meds if needed but light walking always helped me recover from surgery faster.
I used my belly band for a few weeks afterwards. helped support the ol' "bowl full of jelly" feel and helped alot with the pain from moving and shifting especially the first few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalesWidda View Post
Well I had a c/s in 2001 and I am a bigger girl (5'2" and 200 lbs ish). I guess I never considered my weight hindering my recovery but I can suggest that one of the best ways for me to keep that area clean and dry is to use the cool setting on a hair dryer. That really helps keep the moisture away under "the hang"! It's a lot more pleasant than trying to pat it dry. Just be careful with lifting too, but that's with anyone.
the blow dryer is brilliant. After a shower I would fold up a washcloth and stick it there until I was finished drying off and ready to dress.

ASK FOR HELP! If you need help moving around afterwards, be sure to ask for some assistance. It is amazing how many simple moves require muscles in your lower abs area.

no real other tips that I can think of at the moment. I am large as well. 270s for first c-section, 290s with second. it can be done, you can do it.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote