View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 07:11 AM   #22
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

Re: What health issues does your LO face from being 'undercooked'?

My 34 weeker had reflux pretty bad that she outgrew. She was diagnosed eventually with asthma but I think it's related to the case of RSV she was admitted to the PICU with at 39weeks gestation. She had a pretty severe case and so she's got some scarring because of it that causes all colds to settle in her chest and hang on forever. She's had pneumonia a few times but nothing really bad compared to her sister. She's mostly fine except for allergy season and when she's sick and then she needs assistance breathing. But otherwise she's not on maintenance meds.
My 33weeker also had and outgrew reflux and was diagnosed with asthma. Her case is not explainable with RSV like her sister, so I'm chalking it up to prematurity. She's ALWAYS had a really tough time with her breathing since birth and she's been to the ER with wheezing and pneumonia and bronchitis more times than I can count. She has been on pulmicort 1-2times a day since before her 2nd birthday and still needs albuterol quite frequently. Her seasonal allergies only exacerbate the already tough breathing. she's extremely sensitive to smoke and it triggers really bad asthma attacks when she's exposed to it.

Other than that, they are healthy kids. We are really really lucky since these are relatively minor problems compared to what it could be.