Thread: jaundice
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
honeydomehlon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
jaundice

So my baby boy is jaundice. the levels were never dangerous- they just wanted to keep an eye on them. The pediatrician told me to get an appt. on Monday. when the dr. was out Monday I scheduled for the Fri before.

Well, the poked his heal and had to get a good amount of blood- I hate that.

So Doc says, lets do the same thing - Sat, Sun and Mon and Im sure we won't have to do anything and levels will be normal Monday.

So....why are we testing all of these times if we aren't going to have to "do anything" ? So I declined and said I would monitor his symptoms. (color and making sure he is eating enough and flushing his system)

Well he is a champion nurser so Im not concerned but doesn't it seem like they just wanted to pad the pockets a little?

This is the same Dr that told me if I did an alternative vax schedule then my baby could die and that if he gets a fever as a newborn they will without question do a spinal tap and cath him. Seems extreme to me.

We do a alternative vax schedule and did with our daughter as well. she is fine!

I need to find a better Pediatrician that I can trust.

Ok, mostly just a rant, sorry. By the way - I am actually the happiest Mom in the world with a sweet little 5 day old baby...you just can't tell in this post.