View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
Alikhlas
Registered Users
seller

Thinking out loud-i need help

This is really long, brace yourself!

Okay guys, I need to talk out what's in my mind about redoing my stash. I need to be as money wise as possible but still wash no more than twice a week (I can go 5ish days right now between washing)

I currently have
4 grobaby/2 Grovia ai2 with one soaker each and like 4 boosters
4 one size covers
6 med covers (back elastic is lose on 3-4 cuz my chunker thinned out)
4 mixed fitteds
12 Terry/flannel "flats" (size of flip organics)
6 flip organics
6 flats
5 snake style sewn flats

I'm thinking that I'll need more covers soon bc the elastic is lose on some and the grobaby rise is maxed out right now at 8 mo so they won't go past a yr. I can store those for the new babe though since they snap down pretty small.

I regularly use the gro's with soakers, about 5 other covers with padfolded stuff for daytime and nights are the flip organic in a flip or imagine cover or Grovia with soaker and booster. The fitteds rarely get used but I can't get myself to sell em. They're my emergency backup bc they're really absorbent but also pretty bulky.

I have 2 Loveybums med jersey wraps otw and am waiting to try em out (been waiting for over a week to get em :/). If they work out I'll get more either Loveybums or imse vimse, maybe nikkys wool. Something trim, light, and easy to care for.

But then for under the wool I'll need daily use fitteds bc my girl still poops usually 3-4 times a day and they can get messy. And I don't pin/snappi. Will it be possibly/reasonable/smart to get the Terry/flannel flats concerted to fitteds? And then the flip organics made to fitteds for night too or cut into thirds and surged for daytime use with the Grovia shells/other covers. If I cut and surge them I'll be using the grobabys with soaker and booster for nights, or stacking a couple of organics inns cover.

If the Terry/flannel flats are left alone for now and just used as inserts then I'm planning on getting them converted to fitteds for a nb in the near future hopefully. But I'm not sure if it's cost effective to even do that vs just buying tiny fitteds. The thing with these is I don't like using them in the daytime bc of they're bulk, but they're not enough for nighttime. As a fitted I think the bulk would be spread so it wouldn't create such a shelf butt.

I like having separate things for day and night, but mostly the same system for each. The covers that I use for nights now, I dont use in the daytime, and I pre-stuff the covers with whatever insert/soaker on laundry day and have them all ready to go like a aio for changes, and re-stuff if the covers are used and still clean.
Alikhlas is online now   Reply With Quote