View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #1
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My little preemie is 2 years old today!

2 years ago, I was in the middle of a short but fierce 2 hour, 54 minute labor at 33 weeks, 1 day pregnant. I was petrified but there was no going back - baby was on her way out. I don't think I've cried so much or so hard in my entire life.

From the time I was a couple of months pregnant with her, I knew her name was Charlotte. I could just close my eyes and picture my little Charlotte at my side. She spent her first month in the hospital - three weeks in the NICU, one week in the "step down unit" on the 3rd floor. I lived at her bed side for those four weeks. I willed her to take those first breaths on her own and finally, finally, finally learn to drink from a bottle, so they could pull that ugly feeding tube from her little nose. And incredibly, I was also able to establish a short but beautiful nursing relationship with her! She never nursed as well as she drank from a bottle, so I pumped night and day for her, and watched her grow. She weighed 25 pounds at 1 year old, and is now an adorably chubby 29 pounds. She has the cutest bubble butt.

I just can't believe how far she's come! Looking at the first picture Daddy took of her, helpless and hooked up to tubes in an incubator while her mama cried for her upstairs, she told me yesterday, "I big girl now, Mommy! Look at Charwhit go!"

Yes, you are a big girl now, my little love. You've come such a long way! Go, Charlotte, go.

Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote