View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 12:36 AM   #42
jayell79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: *planned c-section* Help me make my birth plan!

I've been thinking of this as well. As far as myself is concerned, I don't have a lot of requests other than my allergy issues. However, when it comes to my babies I get pretty demanding. Here's my first draft at a birth plan:

This birth plan is intended to express the preferences and desires we have for the birth of our baby during our planned cesarean.

Jaime is allergic to Iodine and is on a restricted diet due to the following food allergies:
Wheat, Rye, Soy, Shellfish, Whitefish, and MSG sensitive
Most, if not all, of her food will be brought in. If it is not prepared by us, we need to be able to read the ingredient labels before consuming.

Surgery
Any medications should be compatible with breastfeeding please.
We would like to hold our baby as soon as possible after surgery.
Chad would like to stay with the baby at all times after surgery while Jaime is in recovery.
Jaime would like to breastfeed as soon as possible.

Baby Care
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES is our baby to receive any vaccinations or injections of any kind. They are against our beliefs. This includes Vitamin K shot and Hepatitis B Immunization.
We are perfectly willing to sign any forms needed to accomplish the above request.
We plan to room in with the baby and not need the nursery services.
Breast feeding only. Please do not feed our baby by other means, no bottles, formula, or water.
Please do not offer a pacifier.
I prefer that no eye drops or ointment be used in my baby's eyes.
I prefer the PKU test be delayed if possible to at least the second day. We would appreciate a warm wash cloth or heat pack to help the process.