View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #11
neatostacy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Are Prenatal Labs Necessary?

I think I dodged a bullet this morning at my appointment. My midwife said she can't make me do any of the labs and besides, she doesn't really see anything changing from the last 2 times I've had them done. So I didn't have anything taken today. I would have been late picking up my daughter from preschool if I'd had them done, too. She did say the hospital would probably want them done when I have the baby, but they could do them there if they really had to. Somehow that seems better than doing it now.

In fact, sometimes I wonder about the necessity of most prenatal care...I mean, I understand in some cases, but every appointment I've been to with my (now 3) pregnancies, they simply take your weight, blood pressure, and have you pee in a cup. And raise my fear/anxiety level if something is slightly different than last time. And it takes 2 hours at least from the time you drive there and drive back. I just feel that I know what's going on with my body nowadays, and I'd go in if there was a problem. It actually makes me nervous and anxious for them to be keeping so many "stats" like blood pressure and weight. My blood pressure is always off because I'm nervous. Of course, I'm not going to forgo my prenatal care altogether...I'll play their game:-) Just saying that for most normal healthy people, prenatal appointments seem so piddly.
neatostacy is offline   Reply With Quote