Thread: Lice!!
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 11:27 PM   #4
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffybugg
We just had lice a couple months ago! We covered their heads in olive oil, put on a shower cap and left it on over night. It kills the hatched ones. Then comb comb comb everyday with a metal lice comb as the plastic ones do not work. Any nits left will hatch within 10 days so on day 10 we olive oiled them up again and that was the end of it. We washed all bedding and bagged any toys on their beds. Washed anything worn within the last 48 hours. I did vacuum the floors and couches but I don't really think its necessary. The lice don't like to leave their heads. You could also use mayonnaise if you don't have olive oil. Anything oily smothers them. Good luck!
When I olive oiled my daughters head I told hubby to bathe her afterward. I assumed he washed her hair but he didn't. I didn't realize it. I thought he just didn't wash it well. Anywho, she ended up with O.O. In her hair for like 3 days. Lol. I think it helped a lot to get rid of them. It's funny though, I don't like the metal combs. My daughter says they hurt her hair and plastic ones work okay for us.