View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 05:31 PM   #21
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: *May 2011 Mamas - January Chat*

Glad you got some sleep Julia! I've had too many of those "on the verge" days to count, DH thinks DS just cut another tooth which could explain his sleeping habits, or not. You never really know I guess.

This past week, with the only change I made to our bedtime routine was actually starting one (bath, then we both put on jammies, then read two short books, then nurse to sleep), DS slept longer stretches than he has in what feels like months. One night, he actually gave me a 4-5 hour stretch, felt soooo good! Last night it was up-every-3-hours but even that was better than every hour. We've also been consistent with the actual bed time in addition to the routine. My next step is to *attempt* not to let DS fall asleep in bed next to me while I fall asleep (that side is the good boob, my slacker/lazy boob is on the side his crib side), rather wait until he falls asleep then move him over to his crib--letting him sleep as much as possible in his space rather than snuggled against me. I love the snuggling, but that's part of the reason he doesn't sleep as long in his crib I think, he wants to be right up against me. Hoping to be able to dedicate the next month-ish to DS's sleep patterns...