Thread: San Antonio
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: San Antonio

I lived here 20 yrs before marrying hubs & moving around for 4 yrs, we've come back in 09 It's a BIG spread out city & there are lots of areas to choose from. We live very central at 410 & IH-10 in a great neighborhood. Many neighborhoods that ARE nice will sometimes have pockets of not so nice Let me know where you are looking & I'll try & trouble shoot you!
Not sure what parenting or lifestyle you're into, but I'm more AP (attachment parenting) & breastfeeding friendly & have connected with my tribes I also homeschool & have found great support for that too.
I'm semi crunchy so I like some natural stuff, but don't really go whole hog. We have LOTS of Farmer's Mkts, few natural foods stores, even a couple places that mill grain for you (though I haven't ventured there yet!)
I don't do daycare, so can't really be too much help there.
What else? Lots of museums, 2 big theme parks, lots of great playground parks. VERY diverse culture, although predominantly Mexican/Hispanic, so there are alot of billboards in certain areas that are in Spanish

Anything else, feel free to ask!
Outdoor loving Texas mama of two great girls! Owner of only diaper service in San Antonio, TX!
stompykitty is offline   Reply With Quote