View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #21
shouldbedoinglaundry
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: I don't want to be a Mommy Martyr anymore

I think that having a baby on your hip can be like a security blanket. My husband will often be playing with one baby and I want to hold the other for no reason. He is not crying or anything; I just want to hold him!

The mom in you has a visceral desire to do what is best and give the best to your children. That is probably why you feel guilty when you buy something for yourself. You tell yourself the funds could be going toward something for your kids. But can you give your best self to your children when you feel exhausted? Frumpy?

I decided about a year ago to be sure that I had make up on in the morning, gel in my hair (yes, that does feel like a luxury most days!) and nice accessories on. These are not the things that make me who I am, but they help me feel better about myself. I noticed that when I feel frumpy, I'm not in as good of a mood around the kids.

I believe that you can do luxurious things, in moderation, for yourself and it can really make a difference.

Someone mentioned a cleaning lady...I have been going back and forth on that for awhile and wonder if they think it's worth it? I've often thought that if I get a sitter once a week, I could do it myself and save some money on a service. Thoughts?

My ISO/IHA
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...3#post15551593
shouldbedoinglaundry is offline   Reply With Quote