View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #11
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

Re: Coming to Terms with my C-section

It is so hard when you end up with unexpected surgery. Of course as moms we want our babies healthy, but others forget that there were two patients at the delivery and mom needs support too. I ended up with a repeat csec when I really wanted a vbac but like you I think it was for the best. You can read my birth story if you like, it's under Jeremy Alexander. My recovery has been a bit harder due to the trauma of the surgery and my incision site is very sensitive and itchy and red in places. I think it is because I am allergic to the tape/steri strips but there isn't another option to close things up so I just deal with it.

Here are some things that have kept me out of the post surgery funk. I try to make sure I get up get a shower, brush teeth, wash face etc. Eat a good breakfast and take your vitamins. My dr recommended I take my prenatals, a slow fe iron, and extra calcium. I'm also taking domperidone and fenugreek so I have to space my supplements out so that they don't interfere with each other. I have tried to get outside or go for a walk or SOMETHING mobile even if it is dancing with my daughter when she gets home....she's almost three so it consists of a bit of booty shaking and that's it. Read a book while you are nursing/feeding the baby. It helps you to get a little "me" time. Listen to music that YOU like even if the rest of the house hates it. Take lots of baby pics on your phone or with another easy to grab camera.

They sound silly and simple but it helps. On top of my surgery, I am having horrible tailbone/sciatic nerve pain from the epidural. My little boy wants to sleep on me in the chair. He likes sitting up so I'm not getting much sleep because when I'm holding him sitting in the chair the nerve pain is horrible.

I hope you start feeling better soon! I am so glad you were blessed with a healthy baby and things should start settling shortly.
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote