View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #13
jamiejo
Registered Users
seller

Re: HELLP Syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelookslikeamom View Post
Oh good gosh, I'm so sorry you two. Very happy you got a better doc the second time around, Jamie. I guess I'm lucky with my diabetes to have been closely monitored by high-risk doctors in the first place; they are less likely to ignore complaints.
It's sad to me how many cases of HELLP have been missed until it's too late. When I first met with the doc that helped me through my second pregnancy and told him my history, he sat there and shook his head. He told me in not so many words that I'm not the first to have had this story from my previous doc. He said he couldnt promise a different outcome, but watching for these things is what a doctor is there to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
I had it, luckily he only had to come via emergency c-section 10 days early, but I had had symptoms going on for quite some time and had been in and out of the doc and hospital keeping an eye on things. To clarify, it's not two steps above pre-e - it is a FORM of pre - e, and I believe the most severe/rare.
Really? Do you have research links to back this up? It's been a while since I studied, but last I knew of the two are often go hand in hand, but not always. From what I understood HELLP syndrome can be a complication of Pre-E and rarely happens without Pre-E but is in and of itself a different condition. I'll be very interested to know if that is outdated research!