View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 11:58 AM   #17
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone know what to do with hotdogs?

This is one of my DHs favorite.
Cut up some bell peppers whatever color you want, cut up a white onion, add some garlic, salt and pepper to taste - saute in some olive oil or butter (whatever you have would work fine). Just saute until they are tender.
Score sausages add them to the veggies and cook until warm all the way through and voila throw the onions, peppers, and sausage on a hot dog bun. Tasty!

You can just throw them on the grill, or do like a kabob kinda thing. Skewer them with some onions, peppers, zuchinni, squash, potatoes spice em up how ever you want. Serve with some rice.

DHs Gma makes a killer jamabalya (sp?) with sausage, chicken (of course you can leave that out), and shrimp. But you could just use the sausage if you want.

When I was a kid I would slice up hotdogs and put them in a skillet with some BBQ sauce and eat it like that. Really yummy. And ready in seconds.

Get corn bread mix and make corn dogs, and you can make a bunch ahead of time and freeze them! Great for the kiddos.

Slice the sausage saute in a skillet with some garlic and olive oil, cook some pasta like penne, or even cheese ravioli or tortelleni would be great. With some alfredo sauce, or marinara, even some pesto sauce would be yummy!

Thats all I can think of right now.