Old 01-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #24
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is it true....mortgage question

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
No. I would not make that assumption. Banks do weird things. They might be holding it and then applying it to the next month's payment or something. I'd look at your statements and see what the payments are doing.

Paying more is a great thing to be able to do! We paid off our last house in 2 years, because I was working. This house will be about 10 instead of 15.
Agreed! We always send extra and put the amount on the extra principal line on the stub and every few months we have to go back and fight them because they conveniently "forget" to put the amount towards the principal and add it to the next month's payment. Which of course means that they're charging interest on it.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote