View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #9
RM09Mama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Give me good stories about vaccinations

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokoonchi View Post
I also had shingles in the past two weeks, which would have given him chicken pox, had he not had the varicella vaccination last month. I am happy to report that he has had no sign nor symptom of chicken pox at all. (And he's well past the incubation period.)
Have you considered the possibility that your son's varicella vaccination GAVE you shingles?? It's a live virus vaccine and your child sheds the virus for a few days to a week after receiving the virus (this is also true of the rotavirus vaccine, for the other poster who said she and her husband got it but their kids had a mild case -- how soon after the vaccination did this occur?). When you count the incubation time, it lines up perfectly with when you got shingles. But did your child's doctor EVER mention that side effect of the varicella or rotavirus vaccines?

Read this article for more info -- it sums up a lot of the questions about the varicella vaccine: http://www.compassionatesouls.com/chickenpox.html