View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 01:03 PM   #1
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Stefan born on Friday the 13th

Cross posting.....

Wed 1-11 i stood up off the yoga ball to head to take kids to church. When i stood up i felt a small gush but really thought i had peed myself. On monday when my mw checked me she said he was very low so i figured his head pushed on my bladder. Dropped kids off and went to walmart to meet a friend(heather another mod here). We walked around and i kept feeling gushes told her i wasnt sure but i thought i was leaking. I was having small contractions nothing major. Went to pick up kids and called dh to let him know. When we got home i called my mw and she came and confirmed it was my water but it was a very slow leak. She had just delivered two babies that day and the day before so she went home and got some sleep. I had contractions off and on but they never picked up so by 4am i laid down to get 3 hours of sleep. Thursday i had no contractions at all. MW tried stripping membranes i took labor start up you name it i tried it and nothing. At this point i was feeling really discouraged coming up on 24 hours with ruptured membranes i agreed a home birth was not going to be in the plan and i would be lucky to not end up in the hospital if something didnt start happening. We dropped the kids off with my parents and headed into the birth center so she could try a little more invasive stuff. She did cytotec(which i wasnt really comfy with) but i did not want to go to the hospital. We headed over to kroger to walk and see if anything would happen and although i was having some contractions it was nothing major. DH asked if we could go ahead and rupture the rest of the membrane to see if that didnt start labor up. She was very worried to do that bc i was already leaking and if we did and no labor started we were taking away all the water from the baby but we agreed if no labor in an hour we were heading in. About 30 mins later 10pm i was in active labor. I got in the tub out of the tub laid on the bed. When i got to a 7 i kinda stalled out and after 30 mins i was exhausted having had no sleep and wanted to be done. I was in tears thinking my body was just not going to get him out. I agreed to let the mw physically dialate me with her hand and see if i could just push him past. OMG i do NOT recommend this. I hurt SO bad i told dh never again were done having kids I ended up getting into the tub and pushed him past and out. DH caught him and unwrapped the cord from his neck. We got our herb bath and cleaned up. When the mw started doing stefan vitals his breathing was rapid around 87 and wasnt slowing down. She was worried either he had an infection from being ruptured for so long or he came out to fast and had fluid in his lungs. She sent us over to children's near us but there was no nicu so he was ambulanced over to a bigger children's in Dallas and admitted. It was a long three days of waiting for tests and his breathing did get better. The x rays showed it was fluid in the lungs and was slowly decreasing. We came home sunday night and he is doing great. DH is a rockstar and encapsulated my placenta too. I started them last night.

So after a very crazy birth he was born at 2:48am on friday the 13th. 7lb4.oz (38w3d).

Night my water broke

MW checking his hb

After birth

dh cutting the cord

My capsules.

finally at home
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote