View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 10:17 AM   #106
beautiful8
Registered Users
Formerly: beautiful7
seller

My Mood:
Re: parents of autistic children

I have DS on who is Asperger's, PDD NOS Dx's.

We have had *issues* with him sinec he was 10 months old...ever understood why.

We got his DX last year finally at the age of 8.

He is on meds because without it, he is way less flexible than with ( which isn't much sadly ), and he takes melatonin to help him sleep at night because he has never been able to sleep well...ever.

I have worked hard this past year to get him help through the schools system and I advocate for him pesonally. It has been a huge incredile emotional battle with the school system...omgosh, last year was AWFUL. We are finally getting some help and assistance not only formt he shcool but the state as well.

My son...is only imparied socially, and in no other way but his social skils are nill at best, hence why people want to label him something else (like ODD ).

One book I highly reccomend to any parent is *How to parent your asperger child* This book taught me so much about HOW to handle him and prevent crisis mode.

Dylan...is a runner When he is upset, he runs. It's AWFUL. But, we are learning his trigger points, and how NOT to set him off.

I am always looking for support formother parents who are going through it. My sons mind is amazing, he is genius level, doing math 4 grades higer than he should (makes his big sister so mad )...but he is a GIFT and such a blessing.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and share our story
beautiful8 is offline   Reply With Quote