View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 05:48 AM   #11
PurpleRina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Breastfeeding thru a pregnancy? HELP!!

I am now tandem nursing (NEVER thought I'd say that!) my 2 week old and almost 3 year old. I never had a full supply for DD1 due to possible IGT and unfortunately am already having to supplement again this time around.

I think one of the biggest decisions for you to make about nursing through a pregnancy is whether you are only interested in nursing if your child is getting "milk" or if your nursing can become more about relationship. If you decide that you are ok with the second (should it come to that), then it is most definitely possible to nurse through pregnancy no matter (almost) anything (except some high-risk issues). If you feel strongly that nursing is for "milk" then you would have to wait and see how your supply handles the pregnancy and make decisions as you go related to your waxing and waning supply.

Congratulations Momma!