3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: WAP, Nourishing Traditions, GAPS Support thread, February 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by catilina View Post
I haven't had time to read through all the posts on this month's thread yet, but I have a quick question! Anyone have any experience making your own whey from raw cow milk? I've had my milk sitting in the cupboard for about 4 days (3 days with the lid on, and 1 day with it unscrewed but covered loosely, because I couldn't find a clear answer on how to cover it!), but I'm not sure how to tell when it's ready to be strained... The cream is definitely thick but it doesn't really look curdled yet. Do I just keep waiting???
I normally get my whey from yogurt. You don't need to do anything to it, so I imagine your milk is ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPLmommy View Post
Just wanted to pop in & say we are getting a deep freezer!!! I'm already buying tons of produce & stuff to cook/freeze in preparation for newbie's arrival, so I can fill it once it's here & ready to go. Costco is selling a 7.1 cubic ft one for only $175 so we are picking it up this week.

I didn't think we would be able to fit one in our apt, but we are going to put it on our covered patio & if our manager notices & cares, we will just move it into one of the bedrooms. It's pretty small though, so I'm hoping he won't notice or care.
A freezer gives you so much freedom! Congratulations! Oh and this last summer we thought we were going to have to move several times and I was not going to move without my freezer. People on here (this site) said that they have never had a problem with landlords and freezers. So that should make you feel a bit better. The only thing I would worry about is condo associations if your in a condo.