View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #2
dalynn1997's Avatar
Registered Users
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 516
My Mood:
Re: SS card nme change question

I just did this last week. You will need to go to the SS office and take copy of new birth certificate, adoption decree and 2 other forms of ID (check SS website). I took our insurance card which had his new name and his Medicaid card with new name but there are other accepable ID.

Anyway, it is FREE and goes in effect at midnight the day you file. It was quick and easy. I filled out the application there but I think you can on line too. You may be able to do everything online but I'm not sure. We have a SS office close by and it is pretty much like going to the BMV

Good luck, no need to worry.
Christian Wife to DH married 16 years. Forever mommy to my adopted son #9 C (3 yrs) Currently fostering #20 A our bonus buddy full sibling to my adopted son (16 mths). We have fostered 20 children so far, some with medical special needs. Still hoping for a forever girl.
dalynn1997 is offline   Reply With Quote