View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Mabu baby-have you used it?

I have been pretty happy with my hand made system of pocket dipes with flannel inner fleece outer and pinning them together. However, it wasn't working for everyone else.

I went and bought some PUL and some snaps and was ready to go, but we have had more car and other mechanical problems since the first of the year than we had all of last year, I have been working extra, then my sewing machine developed a tension issue that I am still not 100% is resolved. I haven't had time to sew at all.

So I broke down and grabbed a box of 2 Mabu Babys when I was at Walmart buying another car battery. Yeah, it was $30, and $15 each was WAY more than I wanted to spend on what is basically a pair of dipes. However, it will solve the issues that others (DH) have with using the cost dipes on the kids (since I can't be home with them all time time.)

In this box is 2 outers, 2 inner liners, 2 washable pads and 2 sposie pads. I don't care about the sposie pads either way, DH will probably use those two up tonight when I am at work.

But I have some questions for those who have used these.

*how well does the velcro hold up? It's not real velcro, is it aplix or something similar? I know these haven't been around a LONG time, has anyone had them for many months or so to tell how the velcro is holding up long term?

*I have about a dozen or so gerber birdseye prefolds that I use to stuff the pockets I make. Would those work in these liners too? I would think so, other than maybe requiring some folding to make it fit.

*With that waterproof liner in there, DH could probably just switch out inner pads without having to use a whole brand new cover each time he changes her, right? Assuming of course it's just pee and the whole thing didn't soak right though everything (she can be a heavy wetter at times.)

*How do these work at night? I am thinking maybe one or two of the gerber prefolds with the washable pad overnight, she should be ok, right? I would really love to have her in cloth full time and not have to worry about hoarding diaper coupons anymore.

Anyone have any other tips to share about these?
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote