View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

Re: Avoided a c-section, but with mixed feelings

Honey I think your mommy instinct worked just fine just like it was supposed to!! I ended up with a repeat csection even though I wanted a vaginal delivery but while getting ready for my surgery I was having labor contractions. With each contraction ds heartrate dipped quite strongly in what would have been termed very early light labor. I got scared at one point (granted I was an hour away from a scheduled csection) and almost begged to be taken back RIGHT THEN!! but his h/r came back up and they were able to keep it up. When I had my surgery his cord was wrapped around his neck 2 times....he never would have tolerated true labor. So my instinct was CUT CUT CUT and your instinct was PUSH PUSH PUSH and it was right. Sometimes we just have to listen to our bodies.

Congrats on your little bundle
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote